The OnePM® approach provided a single environment in which to complete maintenance builds, streamlining file management and eliminating the need for unstructured applications like Excel. Team members no longer had to deal with the inefficiencies, errors, and confusion that inevitably arose around multiple files, versions, and file locations shared among multiple team members.
OnePM® also substantially reduced the number of contractors necessary to complete maintenance builds, and created a full client-specific maintenance build library, leveraging their existing operations equipment-strategy library to offer operational context and to utilize their current best asset strategies. Additionally, ARMS provided technical-reliability-engineering support as necessary –at a dramatically lower rate than the previous contractor-heavy support model.
ARMS worked with the client to pilot its ASM approach on a large Capex production unit floating in the Gulf of Mexico. Based upon the initial project’s positive results, OnePM® was ultimately rolled out to the client’s whole capital-projects portfolio of 5-10 major projects running simultaneously around the globe.
Beginning with the company’s equipment list and classes, Bill of Materials, and OEM manuals, ARMS Reliability used its OnePM® platform to give the company new and better ways to build and manage maintenance strategies:
Building with New Approach
- Create asset master data
- Determine criticality
- Deploy central strategy
- Incorporate region-wide variations
- Incorporate local variations for operating context
- Package tasks and generate preventive maintenance [PM] master data, using predefined auto-packaging rules
- Generate budgets, and labor and spares forecasts
- Load to SAP via formatted integration links
Digital maintenance strategies are dynamically applied to an asset structure, accounting for asset criticality, make and model, and duty. This process ensures consistent, quality-assured, compliant master data, ready for deployment to SAP. The process supports regional or local variations to accommodate different operational or environmental conditions, all while maintaining the connection to the digital strategy knowledge base.
Managing Strategies in Operations with New Approach
This new maintenance-build approach creates an improved link between delivering capital-project maintenance strategy and turning the assets over to regional operations to manage. Operations can now use the following process to keep asset strategies dynamic and continuously improving:
- Monitor dashboard of maintenance-strategy effectiveness
- Issues or incidents trigger and perform RCA or strategy review
- Workflow review and approval for recommended strategy changes to relevant stakeholders
- Update local, regional, and corporate strategies, as necessary
- Deploy all changes
- Update PM master data
- Load change to SAP and monitor performance