Location: Orlando, FL
The Facilities Engineer position is within the Lockheed Martin Rotary & Mission Systems (RMS) Facilities Engineering & Maintenance Center of Excellence. The selected candidate will join a small team of experts to drive enterprise improvements in facility infrastructure reliability across six major sites in New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, Virginia and Florida as well as auxiliary sites nationwide. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitate enterprise-level change to transition facility maintenance from time-based/reactive to predictive/condition-based practices
- Work with various computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) platforms to analyze facility maintenance metrics/key performance indicators to determine improvement opportunities
- Coordinate logistics to provide Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) training for site leaders and technicians
- Train maintenance organizations on prioritizing and optimizing preventive maintenance tasks and schedules and assist sites in developing roadmaps for departmental improvement
- Develop infrastructure condition and risk assessment techniques to reduce risk and cost of failure and impact to critical operations
- Background in maintenance of high-value, critical infrastructure and equipment
- Working experience in a predictive/condition-based maintenance environment with techniques such as data trend analysis, vibration analysis, infrared thermography, acoustic and ultrasound monitoring, etc.
- Deep knowledge of operation and interaction of various building systems and assets to include mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Extensive knowledge of CMMS administration
- Experience in change management and process improvement with the ability to drive results using green belt/black belt or Lean/Six Sigma principles
- Ability to analyze maintenance report data to identify, develop and drive action plans for performance improvement
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to distinguish target audiences, such as the shop floor or executives, to present study results and action plans
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Working experience in a high-criticality maintenance environment, especially aerospace and defense
- Engineering bachelor’s degree or extensive engineering/maintenance related experience
- Project management experience
- Predictive maintenance certifications
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.