Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning Scientist
Job Description & Qualifications
Ford’s GDI&A skill team – situated in greater Detroit, Palo Alto, Aachen, Chennai and Shanghai – is a large and growing team committed to enabling Ford’s leadership in leveraging the most advanced analytics solutions in the industry. We enable evidence based decision making by providing timely and actionable insights to our internal business partners. Together our team works to understand our changing world, identify new opportunities, and take action to design and innovate for the future of mobility and the socio-technological symbiosis of our customers with Ford vehicles to the benefit of society.
- Analyze source data and data flows, working with structured and unstructured data
- Manipulate high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources to expose and highlight patterns, anomalies, relationships and trends
- Apply AI and Machine Learning technology to solve complex, real-world problems
- Analyze and visualize diverse sources of data, interpret results in a business context and report results clearly and concisely
- Fulfill problem formulation and ML technique consulting requests in a timely manner
- Communicate and present analytical models to business customers and executive management
- Work collaboratively with different business partners and be able to present results in a clear and concise manner
- Teach and mentor others in the use of AI and Machine Learning techniques
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering /science / business or related technical streams.
- 2+ years of experience of software development with Python / Scala / Java / R / C++/ related technical languages
- 1+ years working with Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning tools and techniques
- Masters / PHD degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Physics preferred
- 1+ years of experience with SQL, Spark, or Hadoop
- 2+ years of experience with Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence techniques in one or more of the following: advanced neural network architectures, regression, classification and clustering
- 2+ years of experience with data sources and data platforms (Teradata, Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Oracle, SQL Server or DB2)
- Demonstrated ability in the application of Machine Learning or AI in real-world industrial settings with large scale data
- Experience with Deep Learning tools such as TensorFlow, PyTorch or other frameworks on GPUs
- Experience with Agile software development
- Experience with parallel and distributed computing is a plus
- Strong oral and written skills.
Join our team as we create tomorrow! We believe in putting people first, working together, and facing challenges head-on, because we’re Built Ford Tough. We’re one team striving to make people’s lives better while creating value, delivering excellence and ultimately going for the win.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.