Is it an asset management strategy, or a maintenance management strategy re-labeled? We’ll answer this question by reviewing ISO 55000 and its ramifications, and we’ll consider the differences between an asset management strategy and a maintenance management strategy, considering the following questions:
· Does your asset management strategy consider the business requirements of the assets over the coming 5-10 years? Are you growing – Rapidly? Slowly? Are you for sale? Are you in decline? Each scenario requires a different strategy
· What role does design and capital projects play in your asset management strategy?
· What role does purchasing play?
· What role does operations play?
· What role does maintenance play?
If you don’t have good answers to the first four, you have a maintenance management strategy, not an asset management strategy.
Author of 1) Making Common Sense Common Practice; 2) What Tool? When? A Management Guide; 3) Where Do We Start Our Improvement Program?; 4) Business Fables & Foibles; 5) A Common Sense Approach to Defect Elimination; 6) Our Transplant Journey; and 70+ papers
Authority on strategies and practices for operational excellence
Clients in North & South America, Australia, Europe, Asia, Africa,
Managing Partner of The RM Group, Inc. for 27 years
Prior to consulting – President of Computational Systems, Inc. (CSI)